13 August 2011

Left-handed Thimble 19

...
The 13th of August is International Left-Handers Day. Since I'm left-handed myself I thought this would be nice to use as a theme for Peace thimble 83. :-)

All the quotes below are from famous left-handers.


When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Jimi Hendrix


A time will come when a politician who has willfully made war and promoted international dissension will be as sure of the dock and much surer of the noose than a private homicide. It is not reasonable that those who gamble with men's lives should not stake their own.

H. G. Wells


I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.

Helen Keller


I think it's very important that you make your own decision about what you are. Therefore you're responsible for your actions, so you don't blame other people.

Prince William



A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives.

Albert Schweitzer


But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people, and do our best to help them find their own grace. That's what I strive to do, that's what I pray to do every day.

Barack Obama


A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Ronald Reagan



My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here.

Jim Henson





Life's like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending.

Jim Henson...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.


Can one everyday person really make a difference and change the world? Isn't that a bit like trying to empty the ocean with a thimble?

Maybe... but what if you got everyone to help you?
What if we bailed with a billion thimbles?

These are my Thimblefuls for Peace... I hope they make you think.